Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Everlasting Life

"Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?"
John 11:25-26

Do you believe this?

I do - wholeheartedly - and I can safely say, that it makes life so much easier. I have no fear of death, because I know what comes after it. I do fear how I might die, but at least I don't fear the death part :)

It makes me so sad for people who don't live with this knowledge... or chose not to believe it. I don't know what it feels like for them. I know everyone has their own beliefs and I respect that. But part of me can't help wondering if there is a certain emptiness to their existence... or a small feeling of hopelessness.

Choosing to believe in his Christ and his everlasting gift gives me hope everyday, no matter what that day brings. It's a liberating feeling.

So - what do you believe?

No comments:

Post a Comment