Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Renewing My Strength

I have been having one of those weeks - you know, those weeks where you want to pull your hair because you're rushing from one place to the next, dragging children behind you, doing things for other people and almost resenting it.

I'm not sure if anyone else out there feels that way sometimes, but I have been really struggling.
It hasn't helped that my precious baby has started screaming this high pitched scream that makes my spine rattle.

I flopped into bed last night and just thought, "I can't do this anymore. It's too hard."

But what choice do I have? I have to keep being a good mother and wife. I have to keep looking after my family and I want to keep pursuing my dreams.

And then these verses came into my head...

"Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."

Isaiah 40: 28-31

A sense of peace wafted through me and I just knew that I needed to stop, take a breath and remember that God is with me. He is for me... and he will renew my strength if I just take the time to let him.

My day started out much better this morning... and even though I have a ton of stuff to do. I am not going to let it get on top of me. I'm going to keep my priorities straight and my focus on the one who will get me through.

1 comment: