Monday, December 12, 2011

Priorities

My daily devotional was talking about prioritising your time... and it got me thinking. As a writer, I HAVE to prioritise my time. It slips away so easily and there is so much to get done, you really don't have the luxury of idling through your day. You have to be productive.


But how should I be prioritising the rest of my time? 


Because I am passionate about writing, it is so easy to let it engulf my day. When the kids are up and needing me I sometimes find it a real pain... I just want to get back to my work, but that's not the right attitude.


Jesus had two main prioritises that he wanted us to live by,


“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
Matthew 22:37-40


They are so simple, yet it is so easy to let the world distract us from this. 


How should I be prioritising my time... my life?


Firstly, I should be dedicating each day to the Lord and including him in every aspect.


Secondly, I should be thinking of those around me and I how I can love and serve them best.


Thirdly, I can think about my writing :)

1 comment: